Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Colors

Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.

James 4:14


Has it really been that long since I made a post? I've had many an idea percolating in my head for months now, but never anything put down here. Until today.

Working as a letter carrier in the summer tends to make one's self somewhat on the stinky side. Nothing, though, that a good shower won't cure.

There are many benefits of being the father of two young girls -- watching kids' shows, reading silly books (I love the Boynton books -- one of which I can quote from memory!), and the occasional bath tablet -- the stuff that turns your water blue or yellow or some other color combination. (Personally, I like the blue.) And the girls will sometimes put one in my shower, which happened today. (And a blue one at that.)

It didn't last long in the shower, and it seemed to me that it dissolved rather fast.

Sort of like what I've noticed personally lately for my life. I'm now the father of a kindergartener -- the big start was last week. And the Rachel-bear starts preschool soon herself.

I mean, didn't these girls just get here?? What happened?

Struggling? Some. But a page has turned for them...for my bride...and me. And I want to enjoy the story as it is written. It is a wonderful, precious season that will go too fast...

...like a bath tablet.

No comments:

Post a Comment